Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2014, 06:15 AM   #3
JDHoge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 31F
State: Georgia
THOR #631
So it seems that one answer to the issue of pounding and vibrating is to better secure the water lines? I know this is how plumbing works in homes; pipes rattle BC they move and need to be tied down.

I think your foam idea for the lines in the shower stall should work--I'd just be careful not to get too much of that stuff in the wall.

Our water system seems to be working properly on city/shore water there is no sound; so it has to be that the pump pulses are the cause of the rattling.

The pump is mounted on rubber feet and when it is working it does vibrate some. The noise increases as the pump starts to end its cycle of coming up to pressure.

I've got things apart now as much as possible, trying to see which lines are vibrating and pounding the most. At present my only plan/hope is to better secure the lines. If that doesn't help I may order and install a new pump that is touted to be quiet.

John
Athens, GA

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.