Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2016, 07:16 PM   #2
JamieGeek
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin
Why so big, that little 12v socket can't begin to carry that much amperage for what its designed for.
Probably legacy: Those sockets were originally the cigarette lighter which does use a lot of current.

Since all of the suggestions for the fuse have failed (in that all the fuses you looked at were good) I would start looking for broken fuses. It is possible Thor wired yours to a different--undocumented--fuse.

Have you asked Thor for the 12V wiring diagram for your coach? (You can send them a request on this page: https://thormotorcoach.com/customer-care/ )

Finally I would attempt to disassemble the dash and start following the wires around; perhaps one is disconnected somewhere. I've had that part of the dash apart..it isn't that difficult (there are four "hidden" bolts/nuts in each corner. Two at the top and two at the bottom. The bolts are glued into the plastic. You reach around from the bottom to get to the bottom two nuts, and you have to remove the radio to get to the top two.)
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum