Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2016, 08:09 PM   #23
Octel250

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Outlaw
State: Florida
THOR #4590
Cable /Seiki TVs

Its very hard to trace the cable connections but I believe that the Seiki Tvs are the problem. I just came back from our first trip to Disney Fort Wilderness and none of our Seiki TVs found the DirectTv cable that Disney provides, however a 75$ TV I bought from Best Buy (Insignia Brand) that I installed in my Outlaw loft area found the cable just fine. I found two other Thor folks in the park and they couldn't use their cable connections either. I called Thor Customer Support and they told me that the reason is the "Cable Companies have encoded the signals and that these Seiki Tvs do not have A QaM decoder" and that I would have to either buy new TVs or cable boxes for every TV. My response was, well if you know that these TVs are not up to par, then why do you still install them in your coaches? For which they did not have a good answer. Very frustrating.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum