Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2016, 10:30 PM   #1
jk in sa

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Sierra
State: Texas
THOR #5022
Slide out problem

I have a Thor 4 Winds 2013 Ford Class C with 12 foot living room slide. One end of the slide stopped working about half way out. Was unable to extend or retract. Seems one of the two motors stopped. Was able to disconnect the power to the dual motor synchronus slide controller to manually push the slide back in. Thought first I would check for a bad fuse but fuse panel under bed does not seem to show a fuse for these motors. Is there an in-line fuse somewhere? If not a fuse problem, where are the motors located....I looked underneath the chassis but didn't see them. Are they both side-by-side or separate? Near the rail ends? What is best/easiest method to troubleshoot the problem? (Batteries are fully charged). If the motor died, where can I find one online for a reasonable price? Any advice is greatly appreciated. Btw, does my unit have a mechanical or hydraulic system? And, are there any repair videos online?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum