Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2014, 08:04 PM   #5
Arkcro

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37KT
State: Arkansas
THOR #1057
I had a similar issue with my 2012 Challenger 37KT. The only input for external TV in was the cable in. This was installed in the basement, driver side rear door. I called Thor and asked where the orange RG6 cable coming from the switch box labeled Sat in was? He said somewhere in the ceiling because with the factory installation of a Sat antenna that is where it is staged.
I dang sure wasn't going to randomly search in the ceiling so I added a RG6 A/B switch two short jumpers, unhooked the orange Sat in cable left it off, took the white RG6 off the cable in input on switching box, put the white cable in on the single input of the A/B switch. The A side of the A/B switch installed a short jumper to cable in of switching box, the B side of the A/B switch goes to the Sat receiver input and the Sat receiver output goes to the Sat input of the switching box.
Sat or Cable/Over Air Antenna/DVR on any one or all TV's or combination thereof. It is not HDMI quality but you can watch what you want to.....

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.