Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2016, 07:03 PM   #5
jk in sa

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Sierra
State: Texas
THOR #5022
Slide-out problem continued.

In response to the kind 3 people who commented:

1. The top and bottom rails have gear-type tracks.

2. Our coach does not have auto levelers. It was level at the time the slide-out stopped working so doubt this was the cause of the problem. However, I didn't know that being off level could cause this problem.

3. The controller is located in the rear of a small compartment accessible from the outside of the rig underneath the slide-out. It is hard to reach, let alone see the details printed on it. I was able to disconnect the wires and reconnect them but did not see any potential code display. My eyesight at that distance is not the best but believe I would have noted any lights-- assuming that I should be looking for a code light sequence of some kind. Can you tell me more about the code situation please.

Also, if the motors are located on either end of the top rail/gear track, they must be recessed into the side wall of the rig and it appears that to access them, I would need to remove a strip-like molding (about 2 inches wide) from the inside wall behind the sofa bed. I did note that a cable enters the top of the molding strip and apparently runs down behind it hopefully to the motor/s. Does that sound about right? In any event, that looks like a very difficult place to access which is why I haven't yet done so.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum