Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2016, 05:39 AM   #1
MrZip

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Outlaw 29h
State: Missouri
THOR #980
Harris Batteries (coach)

Until I purchased my Outlaw 29H, I had never even heard of "Harris" batteries. Well there must be a good reason, these must be the cheapest, worst batteries on the market. The coach was manufactured June of 2014, and by March of 2016, both batteries were shot. I was camped out for a month in Gulf Shores Alabama, and attached to 30 amp shore power, one day I got a beep from the inverter and when checking it I saw voltage was steadily dropping everyday. The batteries would not hold a charge and the control panel indicated low voltage. So Out came the batteries and I hauled them to Camping World (just down the road) and confirmed they were indeed dead, and replaced them with Excide Deep Cycle batteries. That did the trick, electrical systems were good after that.

Of coarse the warranty from Thor is one year so I was SOL there.

To be fair, early on I also had to replace the cheap, FORD battery in the engine compartment. But that was covered under warranty from FORD.

Forewarned is to be prepared !
Towed: 2013 Jeep Wrangler
Toy hauling: BMW F700 GS & G650 GS (Sertao)
MrZip is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.