Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2016, 05:06 AM   #24
Hittntherooad

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: North Carolina
THOR #3952
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedsmom View Post
We have a 30.1 and just got done with a 3,000 mile trip to Washington. Everything worked flawlessly, and we were very comfortable in it, even with our beagle having to be kenneled 24/7 while recuperating from disc surgery. We really put it through its paces, and were pleased with its performance all the way around. And nothing fell apart!

We learned the limits of our generator, however (in a bay located right behind the driver's seat). It doesn't like really hot weather. Once we hit 100* coming through Shasta, it cut out. Fortunately we didn't have much farther to go, and the dash AC kept us and the dogs cool enough until we could hook up to shore power and run the house AC.

I'm tempted to see if we could swap out the bay door for one that allowed greater airflow. I think it would help.
Doing some searching I found one method was installing the vent in the door but it also needs the piece around the vent inside to isolate the air coming from outside otherwise the air is just sucked back in from under the coach. There were pictures posted somewhere. I ran a semi rigid duct from the front grill area to the intake area of the generator. Ran it about 40 miles in 96 degree weather and it never missed a beat.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum