Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2016, 02:56 PM   #5
Jedsmom

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: A.C.E. 30.1
State: California
THOR #3016
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
Only have had to use a sewer hose extension once or twice. Not really necessary.

Black tank flushers compared:
Watched the video, and it was quite educational. I have to say, though, that to my knowledge the Sewer Solution isn't touted as being a sewer cleaning system. It's another way to dump your tanks.

When we dump, after all the liquid and bulk of other "stuff" is dumped, I have my partner pour a couple of buckets of HOT water down the toilet, quickly. It's amazing to see what gets knocked loose. Usually after 2, sometimes 3 buckets of hot water I get a (relatively) clean tank.

I think lots of new rigs come with something like the Tornado. I'm sure it does what the video showed, but I imagine that unless you're willing to put a high-pressure wand directly into the tank you'll never get everything out. My concern is avoiding that lovely mountain that seems to happen when people don't use enough water and too much toilet paper.

I'm very, very happy with the Sewer Solution, and feel that my black tank is quite well maintained. I never have to worry about having a downhill run to the sewer, as it works on an incline. It's so much easier to set up, too!

I do carry a slinky hose -- 15', I think -- and use it when we don't have a sewer hook-up at our site and need to dump quickly at a communal dumpsite. The Sewer Solution isn't quick.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.