Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2016, 03:01 PM   #14
blw2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 31L
State: Florida
THOR #908
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ag&Au View Post
I will say, however, in all my travels, I've seen many restrictions on roads and bridges, but never anything as stupid as blanket banning of all RV's. That's a pretty broad term covering even a compact truck pulling a Casita or Scamp trailer. I can't say for sure without seeing it myself, but I'm pretty sure I would have just blown it off. .....
I might very well have done the same thing.... as long as i was withing the height and weight restrictions

As far as the map
I keep hoping that google or waze will add that feature set some day

I understand you are looking into dedicated GPS unit solutions
but I'll throw this out there as back-up

when using cell phone navigation if going into the boonies/mountains where you know you'll likely get spotty signal coverage
download the entire area onto your phone for "offline navigation" It really does help. I did it twice this summer in google maps...
once covering the SE corner of TN for a boy scout summer camp trip
and another time covering most of western NC for a family RV trip
when not in data coverage, it wouldn't allow me to navigate to places outside of the area.... and of course wouldn't let me search for points of interest..... but I had no problem navigating at least.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.