Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2016, 04:36 PM   #1
Ynggrpa

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 29M
State: California
THOR #5080
HDMI Box - what gives

Wondering if anyone can help here. Just got our brand new Windsport 29M, have taken it out for a long weekend already, and almost everything is working great.

Only issue is the known one about the Seiki TVs not being able to decode some cable signals, but we had really good over-the-air signal on our first trip, so it was nice to sit outside and watch a ballgame in the evening while I grilled some brats. I will be replacing all 3 TVs pretty soon. Any recommendations?

Anyway, while messing around with trying to get those TVs to accept cable signals, I discovered a huge HDMI box in the cabinet above the dinette. 2 HDMI cables go into it, and it has 4 ports going out, but only 1 HDMI cable going out. It has a power button and a switch button, but nothing I did with it changed anything on the TVs. The only thing that did change was when I plugged it in. Then the "cable" signal was much better, but we still only got limited channels (because of the QAM decoding). The "switch" button didn't seem to do anything either.

So, anyone know what the heck this thing actually does? I have attached some photos.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image1.jpg
Views:	302
Size:	168.3 KB
ID:	2680   Click image for larger version

Name:	image2.jpg
Views:	321
Size:	118.8 KB
ID:	2681  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum