Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2016, 09:06 PM   #22
TurnerFam

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Georgia
THOR #4735
we started by using the antenna only, until we found that it's difficult in some areas.
we used a chrome for a while, but as others have said, your wifi must be fast enough to make it work effectively, and it can be expensive if using your cellular hotspot.
we use campround/rv park cable tv when available, but

a DISH openface tripod mount and a King Tailgater2 portable on the roof are what we now use almost exclusively. The openface for all three satellites for 3 or more tvs when parked, and the portable for 2 or more tvs when traveling.
I use the term '3 or more' since the open face 3LNB tripod unit will provide any channels from any of the three satellites to any 3 tvs. but, we also have run a line splitter from the living room receiver to both bunk tvs. they can both watch whatever channel is showing in the living room.

I like satellite because you get all the same channels and shows you enjoy no matter where you are, with the only variables as the local ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX affiliates local programming before primetime.
Of course, this all is in assumption that you can see each of the 3 satellites, though sometimes you may not due to trees, buildings, etc. We find, though, that sat 110 tends to have most all of the SD(standard definition) channels selections if you can't reach sats 119 or 129, where 129 seems to be were most of the HD(HighDefinition) channel versions are.

$113 monthly for 250+ channels, locals, and for 3 VIP211k receivers...
The original dish and receivers were installed by a local dish independent, for free if I remember, while I purchased the tailgater portable online and mounted on the roof.
TurnerFam is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum