Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2016, 11:05 PM   #2
TurnerFam

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Georgia
THOR #4735
I imagine that the short is within the connection of one of the outlets themselves, probably not in the wiring behind any wall. I would guess you would have to check every outlet in the line, including those that are hidden under seats, behind cabinets, under the sink, and hidden by the manufacturer.
I know that I have several outlets under my booth seating, under my bathroom sink, above the microwave in the kitchen cabinet, etc. None of these would you ever see if you weren't digging around while fixing other problems. : )

and this doesn't discuss the issue of the GFCI outlet, usually located in the bathroom, but has many 'downline' outlets that it controls, such as the fridge, microwave, living room tv, outside bay, etc. When it trips, it doesn't just leave the bathroom in the dark, but many other items as well.

also to mention is the 'battery disconnect' switch that most of us have on the wall as we step into the coach. I sometimes accidentally hit mine when meaning to hit the awning switch. .... so aggravating when items don't work and you rack your brain trying to figure out why, when it was just a flip of a switch - who puts such an important switch right next to another identical looking switch?? sometimes I wonder....
TurnerFam is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum