Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2016, 02:17 AM   #26
halfprice

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Renegade Valencia 38RB
State: California
THOR #3156
Ive been kind of busy and havent done anything to the mh in a few days. Decided to work on the blue sewer tote today and replace the wheels

10" pneumatic tires foe tge rear and 6" solid rubber for the front. All bought at harbor freight also got a bottle of the green slime for the two rear tires.

Getting the axle nuts off was fairly easy. Thought i would be able to use them but in the end they were no good. Got a 1/2 axle nut at home depot so the front was done fairly quick

The rear was a pain in the rear. No one local sells a 5/8 axle nut. So i decided to drill a hole in the axle for a cotter pin. Well i broke two drill bits after only drilling our a 1/4 of the way through. Went to home depot and thought about replacing the axle with 5/8 allthread and just using nuts to hold the wheels on. But i decided to but a new drill bit. Using a new bit was all thats was needed. Heres to finished product. Hopefully it will drive down the road and not make
so much noise

Jerry

2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum