Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2016, 01:53 AM   #764
JamieGeek
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Well I liked penguin's idea of the scissor jacks so much I picked up a set for myself. Unfortunately, though, I can't mount them where he has his mounted: My sewer hose storage thingy is there (as illustrated in the 2nd post in this very thread LOL).

Crawling around underneath the Axis today I think I'm going to try to get them mounted on the frame rails about a foot in front of the rear axle and maybe each on an angle (instead of each pointing straight out). I figure having them on an angle from each other will increase the stability.

I don't have the required skills to fabricate something for them to mount to so I'll have to get that done (We store it on the out-lot of an auto-restoration company that discovered they can make a lot of $$ by working on all the campers stored there--I'm going to start with them to see if they will do the work).

I like the idea of dropping the jacks down to give the RV some stability so it doesn't bounce around so much when people are walking around (or tossing & turning during the night). In addition, its far less expensive than a set of hydraulic levelers.

Probably won't have an update on this for a while though as I figure out how to get them installed.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.