Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2016, 03:19 PM   #12
erikdjensen

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.1
State: Oregon
THOR #2766
New ACE 30.1

We have a new ACE too. We moved up from a Vegas that we bought last year. The Vegas was great overall, but just not enough room for us. So we went with the ACE. It is a 2017 model and for the most part very similar to the Vegas we had. Couple of issues that have come up. The generator timer doesn’t work. No idea how much time is on the generator. The screen just stays blank. The status lights next to the timer that indicate how full the various tanks are keep changing. One moment the propane tank is full, come five minutes later and there is only a quarter of a tank left. Same for the black and gray water tanks. Just empty them and they show they are empty, come back five minutes later and they ae 2/3 full. So taking this into have it fixed.

Radio on the dash. Connect to my phone via Bluetooth – same radio and phone I had when we had the Vegas. People can hardly hear me when I talk on the phone and it is connected via Bluetooth to the radio. Moved the microphone so it is closer to the steering wheel – same spot it was on the Vegas. No help. Went through the manual the other night and saw multiple notices to call the company before taking back to the store if there were any problems. The company said often RV builders don’t plug the microphone in all the way in the back of the radio and suggested I take the radio out and make sure it is correctly plugged in. I will try that this weekend.

Last two real issues are this banging I hear when I am driving and take a corner. It sounds like something is rolling around and bangs into something else. This is on the driver’s side. I have looked around trying to find the source – I have started to wonder if the builder left a tool or something else in a hole when it was built. The other is the whistling the rig makes when I get to about 45 mph. It is intermittent at that speed, but becomes loud and constant when I reach 55. I have tried to find the source for this but so far no luck.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum