Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2016, 12:50 AM   #25
Ag&Au

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds 22E
State: Washington
THOR #4719
Question Now What????

Everytime I think I'm getting smarter, something happens to prove it ain't so.

I looked under the front of the motorhome. (what a brilliant idea). It looks as though there is already a Safe T Plus installed. If not it is something very similar. The lever from the steering mechanism is attached to a combination of two bars. I'm guessing these are the tie rods as the end of each of these bars attaches to short small bars which clearly steer the two front wheels. Attached to the right side of the frame is a bracket holding the end of a black tube with a silver rod coming out of the other end of the black tube. the silver rod is attached to the tie rods (if that's what they are) with two u bolts.

What am I seeing? Has anyone heard of a Four Winds coming from the factory with a Safe T Plus or anything similar? How can I identify this whatever?

Ken

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum