Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2016, 08:41 PM   #10
blw2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 31L
State: Florida
THOR #908
Honestly, it feels like I run the thing as much just for the sake of running it, as I do for actually needing it..... and I'm not hitting even close to the 2 hours a month many months.

for what its worth, I do pretty much the same as saddlesore, using stabil and keeping the tanks full.
I understand it like brucev though, that the 2 hour number is more than just about keeping the gasoline fresh. There's also brushes in the generator, etc.... that need to keep dry.
But 2 hours running is a lot in a month, especially if the RV is in storage. My RV sits unused sometimes for 6 weeks or more. Sometimes i'll try to go run the genny during that time for a while, but about as much as it gets sometimes might be 20 minutes or so.

I'll also note that this summer in the high temps my genny has been less than happy, with a lot of shut downs....
Is that because I haven't been running it enough?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.