Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2016, 06:53 AM   #11
Bigfoot

Brand: Still Looking
State: Washington
THOR #5146
Thanks again for the help, great links and great advice.

I'm stopping in at one of the dealers again tomorrow on the way home, will try and spend a lot of time going over each of the systems to familiarize myself. Also maybe look for potential trouble spots as future reference.

I started out looking at the Forest River FR3 (a friend has one) but then started looking for something with a little more equipment and nicer trim.

One more question: how do I figure out if the rig can be manouvered onto my RV pad? My pad happens to be exactly the size of the 33.5, but there is a bit of a roof overhang sticking out, and the entrance is a little narrow, and it also requires backing up the driveway and then jockeying into position a bit. I mean, the dealer's not going to lend me one to try out and park at my house.... the rig will physically fit there, but I am not sure how easily it can be put in position. (I've backed a 16ft car trailer and my van in there, total length 34ft, no issues)

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.