Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2016, 12:18 PM   #5
GeorgiaHybrid

Brand: DRV
Model: 38RSSA
State: Georgia
THOR #1667
NEVER, EVER get under a truck, car, trailer or anything else supported by hydraulics only. Always use jack stands placed under the frame. The jacks are more than capable of lifting the trailer but don't bet your life on a Chinese seal.

I have lost 2 friends to jack failures over the years so don't let anyone tell you it doesn't happen. If you like to live dangerously though, go for it.

Cummins, don't forget that the TrailerAid system puts ALL of the weight on one side of the trailer onto one tire/axle (for two axle trailer). Keep that in mind if you are right at the load limit with your axles.

I have had both front jacks re-sealed already and the front jack seals popped again a few weeks back when leaning the trailer over slightly to replace the black tank valve (lets the crap run to the door side and not out the valve). Then again, Mr. Murphy has a permanent place on my shoulder and YMMV.
GeorgiaHybrid is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.