Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2016, 01:20 PM   #8
Hittntherooad

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: North Carolina
THOR #3952
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
Are you suggesting the generator should work with cooling air at 145 F?

In fairness, there will be times when temperature off pavement will exceed the Onan's generator rating. In Houston when I got stuck in bumper-to-bumper traffic on the 610 Loop, the ambient air temperature my car's sensor indicated was well above 120 F, and that was at front grille area. It's not only the intense heat from sun, but all the cars around that are also burning gas and giving off heat.
Not saying that. Have you looked at how close the cooling air intake is to the bay door? 1 1/2" maybe add the fact that it is enclosed with all the heat from the engine and exhaust being sucked right into it. I have to believe that installing will be some help in keeping the generator operating when temps are close. Some have even said on other forums that their doors are bubbling from the intense heat. Others have reported no problems after installing the vent. Forest River even puts the vent on their newer models so apparently they see it as a problem.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum