Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2016, 02:05 PM   #16
Trainman

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Elite 22e
State: Georgia
THOR #2539
Towing with a Freedom Elite 22E

I flat tow a 2015 Jeep two door with my 2015 Freedom Elite 22E with absolutely no problems at all. Just returned from a 4000 mile trip out west in heavy winds, no sway or steering issues. Also do not have beefed up steering additions. I installed a Blue Ox base plate and use a Blue Ox tow bar, a Patriot Brake System and a Blue Ox tail, stop and directional signal harness. I also ran a wire from the house battery to the back of the RV and installed a 4 wire receiver. Wired a stand alone accessory plug inside the Jeep and wired it to a 4 wire receiver I installed on the Jeep bumper. Then fabricated a two wire cable from the RV to the Jeep and run the Patriot brake off the house battery which is always being charged from the alternator or the 110 converter. It all works great and no drain on the Jeep battery!!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.