Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2016, 04:27 AM   #12
Cummins12V98

Brand: DRV
Model: 39TKSB3 "Modified"
State: South Dakota
THOR #1661
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud william View Post
Thanks everyone for the advice. Given the Level Up reliability issues I'm not going to use it to jack the coach, I'll get some jack stands for when I repack the bearings in a few days. I'm thinking I'll hook the coach up to the truck with truck emergency brake engaged, raise the landing gear, and then put two jacks on each side of the coach wheels and crank up that side so the wheels are free to rotate. Based on what Georgia said about tilting the coach with the Level Up and then stressing the seals I'm going to make sure all the Level Up jacks and landing gear are up, unless someone tells me that's a dumb idea. Seems like it would be the same as changing a tire on the side of the road.

Georgia: Given your experience with the Level Up seals, do you do anything to ensure that the landing gear stays up in the event of a seal failure while you're towing, like straps or chains or something?

Cummins: I like the Trailer Aid idea, I might use that approach if I can't find good jacks. I'll probably get one for emergencies. Also in an earlier post you indicated that you repack your own bearings by pumping the zerk fitting while rotating the wheel until new grease comes back out. Any idea of how much grease that takes per axle? What grease do you use?
The grease comes back out the front. I use AMZ/OIL grease designed for wheel bearings. It's red sorry I don't know the product. I can look for you if you want.

You can raise just one side without the truck attached if you want.

The trailerAid really is a simple device and there is no possibility of the RV falling.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum