Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Thor Vegas 2016
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2016, 12:13 AM   #9
winder1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport34F
State: California
THOR #3382
Thor qa

If you bought a THOR new, you will have build quality issues. Many of them. THOR has no QA. Whatever comes off the line is shipped as is, out to a dealer, for them to fix, or more typically, not fix. YOU are not THOR's customer, their DEALER is. You can talk to THOR, but believe me, they don't care what you have to say, or what your problems are.

Many apologists for THOR's abysmal quality exist on here. They will tell you how great their own experiences have been, and how you need to do more repairs yourself, and THOR's problems are the same, and even better than others! They especially love to berate Forest River, go figure.

I rarely see the complaints about Winnebago or Tiffen, regarding poor build quality, and months in the shop the first year. I am sure it happens there too, but perhaps, based on my readings of industry forums, it's much more common with THOR. You get what you pay for folks, I just wish the reputations of most builders was based on impartial third party evaluations, instead of forums.

My own experience with THOR has been horrible. My only recourse is to share my experience with others, so that they can make a better, more informed decision.

I have had nothing but problems, and THOR has been good for lip service, and sending me parts to make repairs myself, in RV parks, broken down, because no THOR dealer would respond quicker than 4-6 weeks on a warranty repair. If this is your idea of good service, or THOR working with you, definitely buy the lower price.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum