Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2016, 03:51 AM   #5
srolfe

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Arizona
THOR #1670
We camp in several so called dispersed camp grounds in the Arizona forests. These are sites set aside for camping, but without any services. Actually in most of the National Forests in Arizona you can camp anywhere you like with a few restrictions such as you have to be a certain distance from water sources or existing campgrounds, etc. We usually camp with other family members so we typically have a little compound. We usually stay 3-4 days. Unless we are running the furnace (rarely), electricity and water supply have never been an issue. Needless to say, having a bathroom has been pretty popular with the ladies.

When I retire in a couple of years, I may go for a few weeks at a time in the summer. I would consider getting some solar panels, the limit would be dumping the tanks, so a dump site would be handy.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum