Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2014, 07:34 PM   #5
Lloyd
Moderator Emeritus

Brand: Crossroads
State: Wisconsin
THOR #124
Quote:
Originally Posted by FW28z View Post
You should not only run it once a month for 20~30 minutes, but you should run it under load.

An under load means at least 50% load.
So for my RV generator, weekly is a bit extreme, so I do it monthly under 50% load, especially since I know better not to as I did last winter.

I have a ceramic heater that provides the 50% load that simply plugs into an outlet. My advice then is not only to run your genny monthly, but run it under load.

I agree with the above post. The generator needs to work.
I don't use stabil any more. I think sea foam has a better product. Pour a can in the gas tank. It will prevent the gas from getting old and building up goop/varnish deposits.
I have a yard vac. It gets used once a year, in the fall picking leaves. When I finish and have it cleaned up, I pour some in the gas tank, then I take the cover off the air cleaner and pour a batch down the carburetor while the engine is running, and then "immediately" shut it down while the smoke is still pouring out of it.
Next year it starts right up. Usually on the first pull.
Sea Foam Motor Treatment (Seafoam)

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum