Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2016, 08:50 PM   #5
Hittntherooad

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: North Carolina
THOR #3952
After further investigating foam boxes will not work. The return air is located on the end of the fan motor. No way to isolate the air coming into the furnace because the location is basically under the coach. The furnace and water heater are located in a pretty airtight compartment. Not a problem if the furnace is located on the floor level of the coach inside the conditioned air. I will say I was pleasantly surprised at how quiet it is located in the bedroom. I did find a couple areas that I can fix reasonably easy to help it work more efficiently. Thor actually put a duct in the area where all the water connections are. It blows outside of the coach so any air going out will have to replaced by bringing air back in somewhere not that these systems are airtight anyway. The attached pic is the compartment where the water pump and sewer hook ups are located. It shows the duct and another hole drilled through the floor for some plumbing and also where I routed the wire for my second AC unit I installed in the bedroom. It is located right behind the outside shower. I plan to seal these two areas making the system a little more airtight as they lead right into the area where the return is. I will also probably make some type of plug to cap the duct unless it gets so cold the pipes might freeze.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	88.8 KB
ID:	2809  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.