Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2016, 11:43 PM   #4
Ag&Au

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds 22E
State: Washington
THOR #4719
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdanielson View Post
Thanks for the info Ken,

So, if I understand what you are saying... I can buy an adapter to 'physically' connect to either a 30 or 20 amp service, but when connected, I need to make sure that I don't exceed the limit of the specific service. i.e. if I'm connected to a 30 amp service, I need to manage what I turn on so that I don't exceed the 30 amps... correct?

Another related question:

Is the 50 amp service I have in my coach 230V / 50 amp? or is it 110V / 50 amp?
That is what I am saying, I get paid by the word.

If you have any 220 appliances, I am not smart enough to know what happens then. I'd just be guessing.

I'm passing on the last question. Sooner or later someone who knows more than I will come along. You however, have generated enough interest in me, that I am going to do some research. My only experience with 50 amp service is to plug in a 50 amp to 30 amp adapter so I could plug my 30 amp RV into it.

If I'm not helping much, at lest I'm Keeping your post active.

Ken

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum