Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2014, 01:41 AM   #8
FW28z
Moderator Emeritus

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2011 Four Winds 28Z
State: Michigan
THOR #531
I have not had that problem with my 28Z. What year is yours?

From your photo, what looks like possibly a ground wire looks to be cutting off the flow in the vent tube, or at least severely restricting flow. If it were me - and yes, I know that the factory should have done a better job - I'd attempt to restore some of the air flow especially in the vent tube.

It should not take more than a few minutes to fix, and it would be much better than waiting for months getting the dealer/factory to fix it. Even then - after waiting - they might do a crappy job in repairing it.

Looks like the metal tube on the left side could use some alignment too. Be careful though if you attempt to bend it, as you could end up crushing the tube. There are inexpensive spring type tube benders you might be able to use though.

Also, if you decide to replace the hose, there are hoses specifically designed for fuel. Regular rubber hoses could crack and leak gas in a few years.

On the other hand, if you are not comfortable with doing this sort of thing, you may not want to mess with gas, but I agree with Lloyd, almost any competent shop could fix it in very short order.

I'll have to look under my 28Z and see what it looks like - I am curious.

My only issue with filling my coach these days is my checkbook.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum