Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2016, 11:46 AM   #11
Joe-FL

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 37GT
State: Florida
THOR #5246
Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlesore View Post
As a retired professional driver I urge all "New" and even not so new RV owners to take a RV driving course. Too many times have witnessed RV driven in such a manner that they will have oopsies by not having the basics of driving anything larger than a U-Haul truck...
They have no clue as to the safety equipment to be carried or how and when to use them, nor do they really have the skills developed to merge into /out of traffic or lane changes.... and even normal turns in town let alone close quarters such as in most campgrounds threaten those sharing the space available.
Good advise above. Even though I did not spend my career as a professional driver I started out that way being trained in the military in a transportation MOS. Then spent my career as a trooper and of course did some DOT work along the way. RV classes would be good not only for helping to develop handling skills but for learning how to safely maintain your rig. Not everyone understands lug nuts have to be tightened/torqued every so often, suspension parts should be inspected, steer axle tires have to be replaced quicker than drive.....so on and so on....
US Army 70-73 Retired LEO
Joe-FL is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum