Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2016, 12:13 AM   #8
vkb

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by zweasel View Post
Forgive the link, I tried to delete that post however, something didn't work right.

As for the bunk clamps, I did find them at a RV surplus center. But My question is and wasn't so much about towards finding the bunk clamps, It's more about; Why does the dealership ask for the vin number on everything your looking for and not just look up the part I'm inquiring about. Then they won't sell the parts.

In our family, SHMBO sees something on one of our friends TT or a TT at a show or dealers lot and looks at me and say "We should put that on our TT" and that's when I have to go find these items and make it happen on ours. Then I go to one of the local Stealerships and just get livid because they won't sell the part. Most the stuff I've found on Amazon and Ebay but, I would rather just go and see it and get it, instead of waiting two days to two weeks to get what I need.
Don't feel like the Lone Ranger ! We have all been there .. We spent $$$ yesterday for aftermarket items for our motorhome .. had nothing to do with our VIN # .. and no one asked .. it was CW and they were having a great sale on items at end of season.
When we have been asked for our VIN it has been in reference to warranty or lookup by Thor regarding a part needed. Our VIN , I found out, gives the person on the other end a complete build list on our unit.

On a previous ToyHauler we had, we broke the lens for the light over the tailgate. RV Cruiser could not help us with the part for whatever reason..
(see I know what you are saying !) .. I kept searching for it and finally came up with the right wording and found the exact lens on Amazon !!

So there ya go !
Jeep Wrangler TJ
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.