Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2016, 03:44 PM   #1
Yosemitebob

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds 33SW, Diesel
State: Washington
THOR #3195
Going on 7 weeks in the shop

Yep, it finially caught up to me I guess. I was under my coach checking things out, and I noticed hydralic oil leaking from all of the jacks. So, I took pictures and called for an appointment, I was pretty lucky as I got in within two weeks. I was then told he would assign it as ASAP, wow, sure would hate to see how long it would take not ASAP. First, it took 5 weeks to varify the problem just to send to Thor, so now it's been two weeks waiting for Thor to authorize the fix, that is where I'm still sitting, Once they authorize it, then the dealer will order the parts, they tell me 4 to 6 weeks for that, then about 3 days to replace the lines and whatever else is needed.

I understand that over 29,000 RV of one type or another have been sold this year alone and no facilities to do warrenty work as been added in several years. It shows, my dealer is now turning people away for warrenty work, except those that bought from them. It's only getting worse. Luckily I can do everything they have done myself, it just that it is on warranty and I want it documented.

But it sure is hard to miss the whole summer use of the coach. Hope I get it by October as that is the next planned away.

If it's any consolidation to me anyway, this is the first major problem I've had. Funny thing is I had been showing them this sense the first time I drove it, but at that time it was just oil running down the yellow lines and I was told it's new we'll tighten it up and it will be OK, NOT.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum