Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2016, 12:37 AM   #49
axis earl

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: S.O.B.
State: California
THOR #3483
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkb View Post
Axis Earl ! Monday, we visited CW while waiting for install of new windshield...
among other items we purchased on sale, we bought MAXAIR vent covers.

Ron inspected our roof yesterday and found, all the sealant around the Vent and 4 tall globs of sealant near each corner..which he did not mess with, at the time. (are these consealed mounting bolts?)
Having read your install information, we are thinking that those are mounting bolts for the Vent Cover.
Is there a difference between the Vent Cover you ordered and the Vent Cover we purchased at CW?
I am attaching photos of Rons investigation a few minutes ago...
Attachment 2848Attachment 2849Attachment 2850
(photo 2, is closeup of tall globs near each corner)
What is your educated opinion ?

Thank you !
Hello Folks,
I have read the follow-up comments about those four "globs" and the concerns... First, what you bought is the same brand, MaxAir, but not the same model. I bought the "fanmate featuring the EZClip by Maxxair". My model is the white one #855.

The great thing about the install was that each cover has four big "EZ Clips" looking like large cotter pins in a way. To install, the covers have holed notches that fit over those "globs" and the clips get pushed through them, thus holding them in place and easy to remove for cleaning if necessary. You can also order the filter/bug screens if you want them, which I didn't bother with. Again, NO drilling and only took minutes to install.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum