Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2016, 12:11 PM   #14
TurnerFam

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Georgia
THOR #4735
I always level using the MANUAL mode now, the auto mode tends to add more height to your stance than is actually needed. Here's what I do with out LCI Lippert control:

- turn on LCI panel
- press and hold MANUAL mode until lit
- press whichever directional arrow is lit, hold until you feel both legs touching
- press the OPPOSITE arrow, hold until you feel both legs touching(this action adds
needed stability to the opposite side before you provide all of the required height
to the lowest side)
- press the original arrow again until the legs are high enough that the light goes out,
or the legs stop on their own
- press and hold any remaining arrow that is lit, until either it stops on it's own, or
you are satisfied that the coach is level
- the middle GREEN light will light when it senses the coach is level, though you
can still manipulate the arrows - I typically add a little bit more to my main slide
side because of the weight of the slide when it is deployed(driver side)
- turn off the panel

After leveling, I deploy the slides. If I feel that the coach is slightly off level, I can still
turn the ignition key 'on', turn on the LCI panel, use the Manual mode, and correct
any slight adjustment.

All of this may not seem very important for a quick overnight rest stop when traveling, but it is certainly the name of the game when you are parked for many nights. Leveling is not a perfect science, and the 'feel' of the coach is more important than the actual 'perfect' leveling itself. If I'm parked in a site that is on a front 'downhill' slope, the LCI panel may say that I am level, but I add a slight bit to the front to make me 'feel' more level, etc.
TurnerFam is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum