Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2016, 12:35 PM   #16
Joe-FL

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 37GT
State: Florida
THOR #5246
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Saran View Post
We are looking at selling our 2015 Thor Hurricane 34E MH and changing
back to a truck/trailer or 5th wheel. About 29 feet with 3 slides.

How does yours handle in the wind?
We sold our house and everything else back in 2013 and bought our first RV, which was a used Montana 3400RL fiver, and began traveling full time. Traded it in for a new Montana 3725RL and continued full time until last year. Through 26 states and almost 40,000 miles of towing in all conditions with an F350 6.7 SRW diesel it was a breeze.

We recently began searching for a class C or A because we bought another home and our needs changed. I found that the limited number of shorter Class A models we test drove did not handle nearly as good as my 5th wheel combination, which I was not going to settle for. Then we test drove the 37GT and were blown away by how it handled. I am guessing in extreme wind conditions (40+ cross winds) it maybe won't be as good as my fiver but in moderate conditions it has been.

IMHO based on observations watching others with travel trailers they would be my last choice. For ease of handling going down the road a proper truck/fiver combination is probably the best there is.
US Army 70-73 Retired LEO
Joe-FL is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.