Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2016, 10:25 PM   #796
JamieGeek
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Jacks update 2

Just picked up the camper for this weekend. Turns out that they had just parked it finishing up with the jacks. When I talked to them about the jacks they mentioned they did the same thing to the other Axis in the lot and put all 4 jacks on (this is how they knew of the really easy spot to put the front jacks). He also said that for the rear jacks on the other Axis they just aligned them along with the frame (exactly like penguin has his mounted). Since I wanted them on an angle to each other mine actually worked out better because they could poke the end of the jack out next to the hitch--far easier to get to:

I am very happy with this installation:

They didn't have to move the DIY sewer hose carrier that far at all to get these to fit.

You can see in this image how they are slightly angled to each other--hopefully this provides some left/right stability.

Finally, about those front jacks, here is a pic of the other Axis in the lot's front jacks:

Mounted right behind the front bumper--can't even tell they are there unless you go looking. You can get the crank handle in through the wheelwell. When we get back from camping this weekend I think I'll pick up another set for the front (jumping around in the camper in the driveway the rear is all snug and doesn't move but you can feel the front moving around).
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum