Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2016, 03:46 PM   #2
bevedfelker

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2015 Vegas 24.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2601
Maverick -- sorry you are having such difficulties. This is absolutely ridiculous when you think about what these things cost.

Not intending to throw stones -- but, whenever folks on this forum ask my opinion on recommendations when they are considering buying an RV, I always say the same thing. Never buy from a dealer that is not local (within 50 miles) of where you live no matter what the sales deal is. The most frustrating thing any RV owner is going to encounter is service after the sale especially warranty work. I've had folks come back and say, "Yea, but we got an offer $10,000 less than anything local, and $10,000 can buy a lot of maintenance." My reply is always what is your frustration, aggravation, and time worth?

Yours is the classic example of what I'm talking about. It has sat in a dealership awaiting maintenance since Apr -- that's 4 months and it apparently is still a long way from being repaired. You have not been able to camp in in for 4 months and that is also 4 months off the warranty period until you find the next problems that will require warranty work. Then the inverter issue is still not rectified and it sounds like that is going to require a trip and wait time again to straighten out.

There was a thread on this forum where someone talked about a friend that had a multiple hundred thousand dollar Tiffin motorhome. The dishwater in it failed. Tiffin said he had to contact the manufacturer of the dishwasher. The manufacturer said the dishwasher was not designed for motorhome use, especially bouncing down the road. He contacted Tiffin again and Tiffin agreed to replace the dishwasher, BUT he had to drive it to the factory for the work -- 1400 mile one way trip.

I'm really sorry for your problem and I wish motorhome warranty coverage was more like cars. Any dealer authorized to sell a motorhome ought to also be obligated to service it -- especially warranty items.
2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
bevedfelker is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum