Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2016, 11:25 PM   #7
petef

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 27K
State: Nevada
THOR #970
I have discovered the reverse situation in my 2014 Hurricane 27k, with the coach batteries disconnected I still have 12v power, ie, lights, and stuff still work. If I hit the "store" button everything goes out. It seems my chassis battery is connected inline with the coach battery on "use". if I disconnect the chassis battery from the evans box the 12v power stops ( with the coach batteries disconnected) I can't figure if this is normal or maybe the switch to coach to chassis selinoid is broke. Disconnecting the switch at the dash made no difference. it is something in the box. Any ideas? I have not try to run down the coach battery and see if anything changes, but a full disconect should read zero to the ? whatever?
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneilkeys View Post
Sorry.. Senior moment. The first sentence should read the BIRD keeps the Trombetta closed... It only opens it to seperate the batteries when the voltage drops below 12.8v so that the starting battery does not draw down the house batter(ies) to the point where you do not have enough voltage using both to start the engine - if everything is working properly. My system was miswired so the BIRD never closed the Trombetta to charge the chassis battery when on shore power or generator. I don't see any way that your BIRD could be reading above 12.8v all the time so that it never opens the Trombetta and seperates the batteries. However that is easily checked by discharging both batteries below 12.8v and then checking to see if they are seperated. If they are no longer connected, running all your lights for a while will draw down your house batteries and after a while you should see a difference between the voltage on your house and chassis battery. If you do, that indicates the BIRD and Trombetta are operating properly. It seems more likely that the aux start switch is miswired or stuck in the closed position.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum