Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2016, 03:04 AM   #5
iqraceworks

Brand: Crossroads
State: Missouri
THOR #4481
***UPDATE***

My Flowmaster 3" universal tailpipe kit came in, so I decided to do some more work on the exhaust tonight. After getting rid of the Flowmaster muffler that dumped in front of the rear axle (because it was way too loud), and then swapping it for a Magnaflow muffler that exited in front of the rear tire (it was quieter, but still annoying while pulling a heaving trailer for long periods of time)......I decided to run a standard 3" tailpipe setup and exit it out the rear like a standard exhaust.

Here is what it looked like when it was exiting in front of the rear tire. The high pitched raspy Flowmaster sound was gone, but the Magnaflow was much deeper sounding...and droned pretty bad.

The Flowmaster tailpipe kit was a "universal" kit made out of 3" pipe....it took a long time, and just about all of the patience I could find in order to get all of the sections cut to the proper length , and in the correct orientation in order to make everything fit just right. And I have a lot more respect for the guys that work at the muffler shops...welding up under a car or truck with no space, in a bad position, with bad gun angle, and not enough room to even see what you are welding...takes skill! What a pain! But when it was all finished, it made a HUGE difference in how the truck sounds. Much quieter, and much "tighter" sounding if that makes any sense. I haven't pulled a trailer yet, but just from revving it up in the shop a little bit, it sounds much more "refined".....I think I'm finally done with this exhaust project!!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.