Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2016, 09:44 PM   #13
tigwelder

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Illinois
THOR #5112
Quote:
Originally Posted by camperguy99 View Post
I too had my Trombetta fail. I think the problem is that there is too much dissipation in the coil. When charging the voltage goes up to near 14 volts resulting is about 24 watts dissipated in the relay coil. It gets so hot you can't touch it. My Trombetta contacts (upon autopsy) were black with material that came off the housing. I found that a White Rodgers solenoid with a 15 volt coil and higher coil resistance with much lower dissipation of maybe 8 watts and still at 200 amp rating was much better suited to the application. Its a 586-10811-3. Ebay has it and Amazon as well. About same price and size as the Trombetta. It does recommend vertical mounting that was a litter different than the original Trombetta in my 2015 Tuscany coach. Easily changed.
i have looked on amazon and e bay but no luck finding a 586-10811-3 maybe looking in wrong place. how much is it?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.