Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2016, 03:08 AM   #11
TyCreek

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.2
State: Idaho
THOR #1944
I get what you're thinking about with the large capacity cells and assuming the cells are a near enough match it is my preferred way to build a DC supply when a packaged option just isn't best.

Single cell options are great when you can connect them with buss bars or nice cable stubs designed to minimize impact or role in the charge/discharge behavior. I suggest any plan to separate those cells by distance will disrupt "balance". How much sort of depends but my bet is you'd be unhappy in the end.

I also suggest that a remote location as a simple parallel interconnect, would be my choice and bet for long term success. Certainly open to an argument to sway me otherwise

In reference to 6V in series ... or as an example ... Think about optimal long term use providing usable 12V, the series jumper wire between them must be as optimal as the internal interconnects. Since that's not likely, the use of GC batteries for 12V is a technical compromise where the low cost outweighs the negative impact. For this topic, look up interconnect recommendations.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum