Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2016, 04:47 AM   #60
JBurg

Brand: DRV
Model: 41RSSB4
State: Wyoming
THOR #2094
Quote:
Originally Posted by dapperdan View Post
We've been to DRV 3 times for (mostly) "small" issues. Our first two visits were actually not bad and our experience with Ed Fry was pretty decent. The third and most recent (April) was not good at all. We had a serious paint issue that was "discovered" at our second visit to DRV in November of 2015. At that time Mr. Fry said they would stand behind their work and fix and restore our unit to the way it should've been when delivered to us. Our unit was sent to Classic Paint where it sat, supposedly being "re-painted" and "fixed" for two months!! Cummins was actually at Classic while our unit was being "fixed". It was a travesty what was done to our unit!! Cummins can more than attest to that!! We were just sick when we saw pics of it. It was somewhat re-done but FAR from "new condition"! It was re-worked by Classic per Ed Fry's request. Are we happy with the way it turned out? NO, it's NOT the way it should be but it's waaaay better than it was when Cummins saw it. I would NEVER take ANYTHING to Classic for paint!! The guy may be good at painting but his prep work leaves something to be desired (stating this mildly).

We dropped off our unit at DRV April 6th and it was delivered to us via a transporter from DRV July 4th. It never should've take so long but that was the way it went. This is the condensed, polite version of our experience and that's all I'm going to say about that.

Dan
That is very disappointing. Like someone else has mentioned, I'm also curious how much of this has started since Thor took over. It seems like prior to the acquisition, customers were relatively happy with customer service and didn't seem to have as many problems.

When our lower cap was falling off due to manufacturer mistakes, it took DRV almost three months to send the replacement cap to Sunshine. They did a good job replacing it quickly, and luckily the paint shop they used did a really good job.

I suspect Augusta RV is probably going to get more interest in the LUXE with what is happening to DRV customers.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.