Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2016, 09:36 PM   #1
Thordog

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
THOR #5357
New Freedom Elite 29FE - Delivery report and Camper's Inn Review

Hello, I'm new to the forum and we just purchased a Thor Freedom Elite 29FE from Camping World (CW). The summary is we are very happy with our purchase. We got 30% off MSRP from our local dealer. We were concerned about warranty getting done across the US and that seemed like an advantage to buying from CW. We will see on that.

Being our first RV purchase I was very concerned about quality issues after researching some horror stories online. For that reason I spent a lot of time preparing a 4 page checklist for my PDI. I did this PDI Tuesday and picked up our coach yesterday.

I cannot say how impressed I was with the quality of such an inexpensive coach. We paid under $70k for it. There was not a single issue in our delivery. High praise to Thor and CW. Actually there was one missing catch on the dinette drawer. The dealer fixed that during the PDI. Also CW installed a second coach battery for us at our request for very reasonable price during the PDI.

We took the RV for a short shakedown cruise to a local campground near the CW last night. During that period of time we experienced hot weather when we arrived where we ran the a/c, then a hard rainstorm. Later that night it turned cold and by morning it was 44f and we were running the heat. Every system performed flawlessly.

I did have a problem with the entry door not closing due to the cold this morning but a quick adjustment with a phillips screwdriver resolved it.

So far we really love this RV. We added a memory foam mattress topper and the bed is as comfortable as our bed at home.

CW was very easy to deal with from negotiating a deal to delivery. I had read many bad reviews on them and was very nervous about how things would turn out.

Anyway if anyone has any questions or comments I'd love to share more about our experiences so far.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum