Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2016, 07:55 PM   #10
Oneilkeys

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Travato
State: Florida
THOR #1765
If you have a volt meter, plug into shore power and measure the voltage at the chassis battery. If the system is working correctly, after a few minutes the voltage at the chassis battery should read above 13 volts - it should read the same voltage as the house batteries which are also being charged. Since the chassis battery terminals are not that easy to reach, I find it easier to read the voltage off of the two large terminals of the Trombetta on the right side (driver's side) front of the engine. It is easily accessible with the front grill down. The voltage should be the same at both terminals is both the house and chassis batteries are charging. Put your red wire from the voltage meter on one of the large terminals and the black wire on any silver bolt in the area for a ground. In my Axis the left hand Trombetta terminal (looking at it from the front) is connected to the house batteries and the right hand one is connected to the chassis batteries. If you search Trombetta and BIRD in this forum you will learn more than you want to learn about this subject as well as how I fixed mine. There is also a good discussion in Ed's Axis/Vegas manual which you need a copy of.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum