Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2014, 12:50 AM   #1
Mrrabk

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Washington
THOR #1152
2006 Four Winds 31P

Just wanted to say hello and do the intros'.

My wife and I are 100% Newbies! (ok, back in the late 60's my grandparents had an RV....but I've slept since then...lol) We've been actively looking for a used RV and with our budget and financial goals we hoped to find a well cared for one. Going to the shows, looking at adds, visiting dealers we were beginning to think we'd have to possibly compromise. After actually walking thru many units and discovering what looks good in pictures and layout doesn't always (rarely) match our desires or needs.

Well as luck would have it, the wife found an add for this unit about an hour away and we set an appointment to see it. Prior to that we looked and values, archive brochures, etc. to get familiar with the unit. One walk around the unit and then one pass thru it, we were sold. Funny thing is we had all intention of offering a lower $$, but I told the wife that it would be insulting to them and us to do so. Only had 14,379 miles on the clock, more options than listed and brand new tires due to the michelin recall. I mean only had miles from the tire ship to the house new! The interior flooring (carpet and linoleum) looked like it just came off the showroom. The seating areas and coverings looked like they'd never been sat in. All items functioned flawlessly. All I can say is wow! If it ever had problems, they did the shakedown for us!
Our banker told us we stole it @ 63% of value and are walking into it with equity.

Everything is finalized and they are even bringing it to us from down south. Right to the bank to finalize the paper work signatures for lic, bill of sale etc. So, come Monday, we are motor-homers....lol. Not to late that the grand kids won;t want to hang out with Nana and Papa on camping trips and not to late for us to see all the places we want to see together.

Sorry for the long post, we're just excited and ready to hit the road. On a side note, I've contacted Thor and their folks e-mailed me an owner's manual (yes they are generic) and the "as built" plumbing and electrical based on our vin#. After seeing all the were is this and were is that people ask, I figured I asked the builder. It was easy and they were great! YMMV So, now I know exactly where the low point drains are and all other items including the add options.

See you all on the road!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum