Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2016, 11:13 PM   #1
CO Thor 29.2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 29.2
State: Colorado
THOR #3587
High Pitch Wind Noise SOLVED

Hello out there!

For any of you Thor ACE owners who have been driven nuts by a high-pitch wind noise like me, and you have struggled to figure it out - I have a solution.

I tried everything - went through 4 cans of spray foam sealer, plugging every hole I could find, I looked at windows, taped weep holes, search this forum and the whole dang net for a solution.

The problem is the front grill. That ugly square hole thing that came from the factory. I removed it and did a test drive and bam, all high pitch noise completely gone. Called Thor, they said problem is coming from the half-open squares around the perimeter of the grill. They recommended sealing each hole around the edges and taping over them - did that, still didn't fix it. I'm convinced it is the square openings and the depth of them, causing wind to squeal at high speeds. Here are pics of the old grill and my attempts to seal the partially open holes.

Not pretty, but I tried to do things per Thor instructions.

So here's how I solved it - I purchased a new grill from customcargrills.com and installed it and bam - problem completely solved.

Here are pics of my new quiet grill installed attached.

If you have been going nuts trying to solve this, I hope this helps. That noise was driving me crazy
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ew3oA1-tmp.jpg
Views:	354
Size:	166.4 KB
ID:	3034   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ew3oA2-tmp.jpg
Views:	354
Size:	140.2 KB
ID:	3035  

Click image for larger version

Name:	sNQ5p1-20160921_164525.jpg
Views:	381
Size:	100.8 KB
ID:	3036   Click image for larger version

Name:	sNQ5p2-20160921_164533.jpg
Views:	344
Size:	98.3 KB
ID:	3037  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum