Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2014, 03:09 PM   #13
Teeitup26

Brand: Still Looking
State: Colorado
THOR #1067
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry View Post
Hey Teeitup26,

We've had our Axis 24.1 for 2 months now (purchased in late July) and my wife and I are thoroughly enjoying it. Seems to have ample room for the two of us and our dog (70 lb. Lab mix) so I think you would find it comfortable being on the road in it for a few months. It's actuallly fun to drive with the large, full view windshield but it does have a couple of blind spots where the side windshield posts connect. Just a matter of peeking around though. No big issue. Has good power and maneuverability. This is our first motorhome but had a <20 ft. Starcraft Antigua tag along previously.

We picked the 2015 Axis up In Elkhart, IN and only had 30 miles on it as the Thor factory is nearby. We then drove it home to GA across all type of terrain and put 950 miles on it right away. This gave us ample time to become accustomed to it and it hasn't dissapointed us. Have been on a few short camping trips since then and are going to the gulf coast this weekend.

The dealership there in Elkhart (Total Value RV) was more than accomodating in taking care of some quality issues we came across plus they gave us a better price than anywhere else near and far. I would suggest contacting them if you are serious about buying one. Sales and service there is excellent. Don't think you would be dissapointed.

Hope this helps in some way.
Larry, I appreciate all the information. I am going to go online and let Total Value RV know i'm contacted a happy customer if I may without mentioning any names of course. If you're ok with parting with the information how much off the MSRP would it be prudent when making an offer. I'm hearing al lot $71,000 numbers on the 24.1 and one guy bought one for $67,000. As far as buying from a dealer like Total Value; when you need service in some other part of the country, does the friendliness continue? I would think when i person buys an RV he is almost never close to the dealer where he purchased when encountering problems. One of the good things about the Thor product is the E-350 Ford chassis can probably be serviced anywhere when having mechanical problems at any Ford Dealership with a 1 ton truck lift right?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum