Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2016, 01:04 AM   #16
Ag&Au

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds 22E
State: Washington
THOR #4719
It all depends on what you call the pointy end. Generally speaking the small end of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan fowler View Post
Installed a Jack on my Vegas today - took about 2.5 hours. Mounted the antenna base directly to the roof- without the optional mounting plate, which worked well. Just sealed the unused holes from the removed Winegard. Everything worked when done - lost a few channels, but we are in a high reception area. I hope it is better in fringe areas.

Only issue was - the arrow on the inner knob was pointing 180 degrees from the pointy end of the antenna - which confounded me, since everything is keyed. Called the tech line, they told me the " front " of the antenna is actually the flat end - that is the end that captures the signal. Go figure ! Sort of a reverse arrow ....
It all depends on what you call the pointy end. Generally speaking the small end of an unidirectional antenna will point toward the signal source. However, I can see why it looks confusing on the antenna. I'm guessing the point on the what looks like the arrow head may just be styling. I'd have to see an X-ray of it to be sure.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.