Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Hey
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2016, 01:56 AM   #10
Chucke

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.2
State: North Carolina
THOR #5494
Quote:
Originally Posted by axis earl View Post
I was a bit concerned about taking ours out on the long trip last summer without any spare tire. I really didn't want to put a spare on the back bumper because of our bike rack. I bought a matching tire from Tire Rack, wrapped it in packing saran and put it behind the gas tank. One end is on top of the tow bar and the other end is on a 2x6 that I cut to fit between the frame rails. Oh yes, I don't have the tire mounted on a rim for now. I thought I would at least not have to wait days for a new tire. FYI.
I really do not like going anywhere without a spare. I like your idea. That may be what happens by the time I finish. I also have a carrier for bikes or stuff and a want to be able to pull the old jeep. I purchased a rim and tire and had it mounted. It looks like there is plenty of room for a tire behind the gas tank. I took a couple measurements and mocked up a cross member and added a spare tire winch. Sure has turned into more work than I had originally thought. After paint tomorrow I hope to get it installed. Its good to have a back up plan because as we all know the best of plans go bad. Thank you Axis Earl

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.