Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2014, 01:54 PM   #21
Teeitup26

Brand: Still Looking
State: Colorado
THOR #1067
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry View Post
Teeitup26,
This may be long.
JamieGeek has some really good advice there. If you haven't already gone on line to Total Value In Elkhart and inquired (and even if you have actually) speak with Ivan who is the owner's son and works with the sales folks. It's fine to mention to Ivan that you were referred by Larry and Candy from GA. I plan on sending him an email and letting him know that his great service is being rewarded by recomendations from us anyway. After we checked many dealers on line and also asked TV for their best deal on the Axis 24.1 either 2014 or 2015, TV came in with the better price on the '15 than any others on a '14. The 67K price you mentioned is in line with the quote we received and the others were all above 70K many w/o the optional equipment we got on ours. We have all the optional equipment included with exception of the oven underneath the gas range which would eliminate more cabinet storage (2 drawers) and we don't cook with our gas range anyway. All cooking done outside or with the convectional m/w inside. We love the TV outside feature as we enjoy watching sports (especially college football) and the bedroom TV is nice to have also. The ceiling vent fans are a nice feature as well. Remember that sales tax is not included in the price quoted and we knew up front that we would be paying this when we registered it in GA.
If you do decide to go with T. Value, they sell them as fast as they can get their quota. We had to wait a few extra weeks for delivery to them on ours.
We just returned from a 700 mile round trip this past weekend and are still enjoying it immensely. Love the handling and maneuveurability on the Interstate as well as side streets. Gas mileage running just under 10 mpg driving it at 65. So really, we haven't found a lot to complain about with it.
As far as maintenance service, as long as records are kept so warranties aren't voided, you don't have to take it in to a Thor dealer. And if any warranty work is needed, a Thor senior customer service rep. told me I could take it to my favorite shop near me with the only possible drawback being if their price was too much out of line with a dealer's pricing, I might have to pay the difference. Said if it is close, there would be no disputing it.
Yes, you could take it in anywhere that a shop could support the weight on their racks who would do the work.
Hope this helps. Good luck with your search and purchase. I think you won't be dissapointed with the Axis or Vegas.
Hit 'um straight!

Larry
That was long. lol But informative! I'm going to the RV show in Denver and hopefully they will have all 3. Camping World is the main dealer in Colorado and talking to them is like going to jail. I contacted TV and got a email saying they would contact me soon. Automated sort of thing. Their prices are right for sure and once i determine i'm pulling the trigger they will be the one if the price is that much different. In your opinion answer me one question: how important is buying from a dealer close due to warranty issues? I'm sort of assuming you don't think it's important at all since the TV said you could get warranty anywhere if reasonable and of course you're in GA and he's in IN. So it must not matter. On the configuration situation: I cook a lot and would use the oven, but i would also cook outside when the opportunity was there. Being single, storage isn't going to be a problem really. All i need's a side of bacon and i'm good. lol I could use a travel partner and she's bring everything she's got so i need to save room for that.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.